New Hope Academy is a pioneering school that brings together a love for Christ Jesus with a promise of excellent classical education. We have a committed focus on whole-child development through caring, academic mentoring along with a vision for connected community where students and families form meaningful relationships across economic, racial, and cultural differences. This provides a foundation to begin the process of combating the roots of inequality, race-based separation, and class-oriented isolation. All of this to the glorification of our Lord and Savior!
New Hope Academy is a Christ-centered community school available to families from all social, economic, racial, and cultural backgrounds. New Hope Academy intentionally reserves 40% to 50% of all classroom seats for students from low-income households. We teach from a Biblical foundation while fundamentally equipping each student with tools for gaining knowledge and understanding. We believe in community and that God calls us to love, fellowship, and help one another for His glory. It is because of this that we are committed to finding the resources necessary to allow the mission to thrive.
Job Title: Development Officer
Reports To: Director of Advancement
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with capability and experience
To manage, cultivate, and build relationships for the purpose of raising funds and building partnerships to support the mission and ministry of New Hope Academy.
Hours: Full-time position
Medical Insurance coverage (Blue Cross Blue Shield)
Life insurance, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Dental
A two-week vacation in addition to holidays as listed on the organization’s calendar
The Development Officer reports to the Director of Advancement and works with the Headmaster, staff, Board of Trustees, and volunteers to manage and cultivate donor relationships and to implement the school’s development strategy in order to meet the school’s short- and long-term development goals for the purpose of fully funding the mission of New Hope Academy. This is a full-time exempt salaried position serving in the Advancement Department. This position is responsible for meeting fundraising goals through the cultivation and management of a portfolio of donors directly assigned to this position with the goal of increasing donation revenue through acquiring new donors, reactivating lapsed donors, and managing existing donors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing donors to increase giving with individuals, foundations, corporations, churches, and other organizations.
- Implementing donor cultivation practices, including regular visits with past, current, and prospective donors, working in conjunction with the Director of Advancement to incorporate his/her involvement as needed.
- Appropriately thanking and recognizing donors, including formal acknowledgment of gifts received, as well as written correspondence and other forms of appreciation.
- Managing movement of current donors to greater levels of giving and commitment.
- Maintaining accurate donor records (in addition to the official records kept by the Data Specialist).
- Identifying, researching and assessing potential major donor prospects.
- Utilizing cultivation events to develop major gift prospects.
- Networking in the community to increase brand recognition of New Hope Academy and to discover new donors.
- Participating in all relevant Advancement events where donor cultivation occurs, including (but not limited to) the New Hope Banquet, Run For Hope, the New Hope Academy Golf Classic, et al.
- Participating in the development and implementation of the short- and long-term development strategy for the school
- Minimum of two years working with and managing a portfolio of constituents.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of New Hope Academy.
- Ability and desire to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Composition and language skills in technical and persuasive writing applications.Previous grant writing experience is a plus.
- Proficient use of e-mail, Microsoft Office, donor database tracking, reporting, and analysis. Experience with Raiser’s Edge donor software is a plus.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills including the ability to discuss complex fundraising and marketing issues at all levels of the organization and to the public.
- Goal-oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects effectively.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends when needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to lift and carry materials to and from office.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree or other advanced certification or equivalent experience a plus.
Proficiency in reading, writing, and comprehension of the English language.
The candidate should be capable of lifting up to 25 pounds, sitting at a computer, conducting long telephone discussions, and driving.
Send your resume and cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications for this role to Advancement Director, Parker Page at email@example.com.